From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 18:47:03 -0400
Joel,

Despite your checking the cable orientation, 8 out ot 10 times,
the problem you described is due to the cable being reversed.
Are you SURE that the cable is plugged in correctly?  at both ends?

Have you checked your BIOS settings?  Most BIOSes have a
setting in the ADVANCED section to reverse the assignments
of drive A and B. (My Award BIOS uses the term
SwapFloppyDrive)

If everything is as it should be, then you have a hardware problem.
Either the floppy disk is bad (unlikely since you replaced it) or the
connector on the MoBo, or the port on the peripheral chip on the
MoBo.  IN either of the last two cases, you will need a new MoBo.
(unless you are reeeeally good with a soldering pen.)

Jim Meagher