From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:00:39 -0500
There is such a thing as 168 pin edo dimms.  If your motherboard only
supports edo in a 168 pin slot, do not install sdrams in their place.  I
have a very early pentium pro motherboard like this, it is the only one
with this limitation I have ever owned. As mine already has 256meg and
is only running linux, it performs satisfactorily, you on the other hand
might consider scrapping your motherboard.
Tom Turak