From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 19:57:29 -0700
I put USRobotics Sportsters, either internal or external, either 33.6k or 56k,
with or without voice, in all of the systems I build and/or upgrade.

Aside from the fact that Win95 and Win98 cannot autodetect them, so that the USR
drivers must be used, I've found them as solid and reliable as a rock, and have
never had a failure (she said, crossing her fingers).  They can either be used
in plug n play mode (no jumpers) or can be jumpered to be firmly anchored to an
IRQ and Com port, which makes them suitable for use with older Windows comm
programs.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]