From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:57:43 -0700
There is nothing "special" about a RAID system, hardware-wise.  You
are running two hard drives with all the heat and noise associated
with two drives.  Now, the question may come up as to how hot these
two drives will run.  If you are currently running them independently
with no problems, then you have nothing to worry about.  If this will
be a new set-up, you may want to make sure one of the case fans is
blowing over the drives if possible.  The HD Cooler wouldn't hurt,
but I think it might be overkill in your situation.

Tony Mayer

>Hello all, I am planning on running a RAID 0 Setup on 2 hard drives WD
>74gb 10k RPM Raptor and 250gb 7200rpm WD. My questions are as follows.
>1.) Will it "overheat" per se, because I've seen things such as HD
>coolers meant for RAID set up's but its 50$ so i was wondering if it
>would be necessary in a 5 fan cooling case.
>2.) Is it even worth doing? and if so will noise be a necessary issue
>to tackle (i've heard they get "loud" but I have nevr had experiance
>with that so what is "LOUD" in computers? I dont want it sounding like
>a lawnmower loud but for example the 5 fans running at 24 Dbs dont
>bother me... So i dunno heh any help?
>THanks!!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml