From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:36:32 -0400
I have xp pro sp1 with every other update.  I had been having a problem with my power supply, but I replaced it with a new 550 watt Antec PS a couple of days ago. I tried to install sp2, but it self aborted saying in the error message "A device attached to the system is not functioning". I looked in device manager, but nothing untoward shows there.  I did google searches for this error message, but found nothing directly on point. I am getting 1723 errors re missing .dll's on other installs and uninstalls, and some stuff is not working.  I have gotten a lot of "Found.chk" files.  Is it possible that the bad PS so corrupted the system that there is no choice but to start over?  Any ideas about where to look for the non-functioning device?  I am beginning to think it may be unsaveable. Please give me some ideas.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml