From:
Kevin Bachelder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 12:04:40 -0400
At 01:02 AM 5/8/02 , you wrote:
>Date:    Tue, 7 May 2002 16:38:47 -0500
>From:    Dan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A+ certification
>
>I am looking at taking the A+ tests for certification.  I've been doing
>pc work for over 8 years and feel I know most of the stuff pretty well.
>
>Looking at some of the practice tests, I see there are questions about
>OSI network layer models, what thing hits what wire on a dot matrix
>printer, and other real specific questions that hardly/rarely ever come
>up in real life.
>
>Has anyone taken the latest adaptive tests?  Any key places to look for
>the best areas to study (other than comptia) to fill in area I may be
>missing?
>
>Thanks
>Dan

Hi Dan,

I took my A+ tests about 15 months ago so I can't tell you what the current
tests look like but I do recall that the questions were very straight
forward so if you learn and know your stuff you should be OK.  The
questions aren't like the Microsoft tests where they may try to trick and
fool you.  I highly recommend http://www.crramsession.com for all things
having to do with computer certifications.  They have helpful articles,
discussion boards and most important they have FREE study guides that do a
great job of helping you prep for the tests.

Good luck,

Kevin

Kevin Bachelder

Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer - Windows NT 4.0 (MCSE)
Microsoft Certified Professional - Windows 2000 (MCP)
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Repair Technician (A+)

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com