From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:30:33 -0500
I was setting up a computer with two drives in Win95b.
Both had primary partitions and were formatted (just) previously.
I turned #one off (None) in the Award BIOS.
I expected the first drive to be c:\, d:\  and the second drive to not be there.
The second drive showed up anyway as e:\, f:\
which indicates the BIOS did not pass the primary partition info to Windows.
Windows handled the second drive as a 100% logical (extended) drive.
And Yes, I have had instances when hard drives were running on software drivers
and bracketed themselves around a CD-ROM.  It is possible...
                 Rick Glazier