From:
Sami Al_mohssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:34:23 +0300
the celeron performance is preaty close to the PII's. my celeron 433 out
performs my brothers 400 in all aplications. so my advice for you is to
stick with a celeron and use the extra money for something else like 64mb
ram.

the reason for the celeron's low price is to drive AMD out of buisness.
they want to have a bigger portion of the low cost computer market. it has
nothing to do with prduction cost or anything like that.

sami