Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 01:20:23 -0500
09/02/02

Hi Rick,

I would tend to agree and suspect heat issues right off the bat.

1)  Since you have already checked a few things, did you check between the
heatsink and the CPU for thermal grease?  Make sure there isn't a ton of
it, just barely a thin coating, and hopefully not those pads that come
standard on most heatsinks nowadays.

2)  An extra fan might help out quite well.  Typically drawing in air from
the front of the case and exhausting it out the rear.

3)  Make sure cables and such aren't interfering with airflow.

4)  Running the system with the side off will get you cheers and jeers from
people.  My personal opinion is that if you run without the side of the
case, it kills any airflow that _should_ be going on inside.  I never
recommend doing this.

Best of Luck, oh, and no more memory won't solve the problem, but it's
always nice to have!

David A. Abbe

I think it might be a heat issue as I understand these Durons run hot.  I
had a look inside and the fan is running.  The heat sink feels warm to the
touch but not burning hot. I shut it off and the heatsink cooled of in a
minute or two. On restart it works really well.  I have removed the side
panel and told her to run it like that and see if it solves the problem.