From:
Alfreda Willett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2007 08:01:58 -0500
From: "Thomas Mayer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:16 AM
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Virtual Memory

> If you are using XP, a minimum of 512MB of physical memory is preferable.
> With that amount of RAM virtual memory will not be used as much as with
> less RAM. Even with a lot of RAM, if the applications being run are memory
> intensive, you can still get a warning message about low virtual memory
> and that it will be temporarily adjusted. More RAM should also result in a
> faster system.
>
> Also, regular housecleaning of the hard drive can help speed things up.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Tom Mayer

Thanks so much for answering! My computer does use XP home and has 512 MB of
Ram.

I did have a lot of photos being used as a slide show for a screen saver. I
did change that since having this problem. I just use the XP thing.

The computer does seem to be workin a bit faster. I haven't gotten up the
nerve to shut it off tho'! It's been on for 3 days.

Thanks again.

Alfreda Willett

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads