From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:43:06 -0800
  Well, the PCI slot that is documented as sharing an IRQ with the AGP slot
is where I've installed the PCI video card, so I don't think that's it.

  I downloaded a replacement NTKERN.VXD file, and the problem shifted to
where Windows now detects "SB16 emulation" and attempts to install a driver
for it -- and hangs there.
  I've been able to find a couple of suggested fixes for that, but the
latest is that it won't boot at all.  It looks almost like a hard drive
failure, except that I get the same lack of activity after the ROM portion
of the boot when I boot directly from a floppy.

  So my current plan is to take out everything but the video, and gradually
re-add cards.  I'll experiment with putting the SB!Live into a different
slot as part of that process, and see what new strangeness results.

David Gillett

On 5 Jan 2004 at 12:42, Peter Shkabara wrote:

> I am surprised that you have not tried placing the SBLive card in another
> PCI slot to test your theory. Have you done so? Some time back I had a
> serious problem with a SCSI card till I moved it to a different slot. It was
> the same problem where the slot I was using shared the IRQ with the AGP
> port.
>
> Peter
> The NoSpin Group

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: