From:
Gregg Pfaff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:09:32 -0500
Hi List Guru's
I have a 166mhz Pentium in a Packard Hell Platinum XI
with a Conner 1.6GB HD that
has bad sectors it locks up on when I try to install
new software. The bad sectors were discovered during a
thorough
scandisk that I did after encountering problems. During
the scandisk it told me about the
bad sectors and said it would mark them as bad so it
would not try to read or write to them ever
again! It was ok for along time but lately now that my
drive is alittle more than half full the
drive locks up on these sectors and then I get a "blue
screen" that say's "can't read or write
to drive C". I can imediately reboot and use my
computer again, just can't install anything
or perform a thorough scandisk anymore.

Anyway, if anybody knows of a solution to this great!
Will a program like DISK DOCTOR fix this? Otherwise i'm
in need of
instructions for adding an additional HD and I would
like Instructions on replacing my HD. I
know your thinking I should take it in to a shop but, I
really want to learn to do it myself. I
have a 1GB HD from an upgraded computer I could install
as a slave and I know how to
install it but, I Don't know how to completely
configure it? do I fdisk it? It still has data on it
forom the other PC. I'm stuck.
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Gregg

                     visit our download web page at: