From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:51:38 -0800
On 25 Aug 98 at 22:41, Jun Qian wrote:

> does anyone know what does this mean and how can i fix it:
> I looked into my bootlog.txt file and find the following two lines
> [000fe6a8] Loading Vxd=ebios
> [000fe6a9] LoadFailed=ebios

  The EBIOS vxd supports the "Extended BIOS" which IBM introduced in
its PS/2 line (1987); I'm not sure if it is present in their current
offerings, but it was never in anyone else's.  So unless you've got
an actual IBM, you would not expect this to succeed.

> Everything seems working okay now, so what will this error affact my
> win95?

  No.

  Curt Davis was correct in saying that this failure is normal and
harmless, but incorrect in thinking it had something to do with LBA
drive geometry.

David G