From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 07:16:26 -0400
Hello all!

I use a 2GB thumb drive for a ready boost drive in Vista Ultimate on my Dell
M1210 laptop (2GB of RAM, 160 GB HD, nice Core 2 Duo processor). Two days
ago, I removed the thumb drive as the computer was shutting down. Since that
point, ALL thumb drives get an error message about unknown device, driver
not loaded (may be corrupt). The drive does not appear in My computer (ok,
Computer in Vista <grin>) USB works fine for other uses (I have a mouse that
works fine off the USB). I have "uninstalled* the unknown device, and
reformatted the ready boost thumb drive on another machine. No joy for any
thumb drives - they are all Unknown Devices and unavailable to me. Any
ideas?

The computer is up to date on all patches and is well protected from the
nasties.

Thank you for your time and thought on this.

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -- Aldous Huxley

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com