From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:03:53 -0500
cat,

Celeron and Pentium are both Intel chips.  PPGA and FCPGA (and FC-PGA2) are
chip pin specifications.

An Intel Pentium III 933 MHz 133 MHz bus CPU would be faster, but not
phenomenally so compared to your Pentium III 800 MHz 133 MHz bus CPU.

If you feel your computer is not performing as fast as it should, I
recommend you have a tech check it out.  There are many ways the computer
could be performing poorly and a knowledgeable tech can usually identify
them.  It might be something as simple as adjusting your BIOS for the
current CPU.  The tech could also verify that you actually got the CPU you
paid for.

If you decide to go looking for a faster CPU, what you want to search for is
an Intel Pentium III FC-PGA, 133 MHz bus, socket 370 CPU.  Note that FC-PGA
(aka Coppermine) is different from FC-PGA2 (aka Tualatin).  From your
description, the fastest CPU your motherboard can handle is a Pentium 933
MHz, 133 MHz bus, PC-PGA CPU.

A quick search of one of my favorite places (www.googlegear.com) came up
with this:
GG part # 80604-A
Intel SKU # BX80526C933256E
Intel(R) Pentium(R) III Processor 933/133MHz ATC FC-PGA (Socket 370) Retail
w/Fan & Heatsink, 3 Year Intel warranty, ***($1 2nd Day)***
$195.00

Prices will vary.  Watch for warranty and OEM parts.  OEM parts may be less
expensive, but you might get hosed on warranty.  If warranty is not an
issue, you can find much less expensive CPU's by purchasing OEM parts or
even used parts.
Such as this example for $98.  New but only a 30 day warranty and you will
need to find a proper heatsink and fan.
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PIII933FC-N

Fred Nielson