From:
"Kurr, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:17:36 -0500
It could be the "adapter default" refresh rate is going over 60Hz.  I
suggest you force 60Hz or lower refresh (assuming the drivers allow).  Other
considerations would be BIOS settings (power mgmt. settings, AGP vs. PCI for
newer mobo, et. al.).  Make sure all cards are fully contacting / inserted
also.
Martin Kurr
email [log in to unmask]
> From:         Jose E. Dominguez[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] Garbled video
> I have a Samtron monitor (640X480 60Hz refresh max) on my bench to work
> on systems. Most of the times I have to boot to safe mode to change the
> video resolution and refresh rate if the client had it set at anything
> higher than 640 X 480. Usually this works and if not I use a better
> monitor.
> I installed a PCI video card, Cirrus Logic 5440 I think, nothing exotic
> rather plain actually, on a system and when I turned it on the video was
> garbled. I brought the system back thinking the video card was bad. On
> my bench monitor same thing happened, tried the good monitor and it
> works okay. Win95 settings are standard VGA 640X480, adapter default
> refresh, 640X480.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org