From:
Paul Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 23:19:11 +1200
Hi all

Just an update on whats going on. Have now managed to restore my system to its original state. This was achieved through 3 utilities (and a lot of sweating and cursing believe me). First up was poledit which Glenn Josephson put me onto. This comes with Win98. Not sure if it comes with other versions or not. Probably. Next to the rescue was Xteq X-Setup which changes lots of things in the registry using either a command line interface or wizards. I chose the latter. However everything still wasn't hunky dory so I used str8, a small 286k stand alone utility which solved my right click and file menu disappearance problem.

I now breathe much, much easier.

Thanks to all who put their thoughts to cathode ray tube ;-)

Paul

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com