From:
Peter Ramins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 02:56:01 -0500
> I did have the same problem as you did when I installed a network card.
> Even the bios could not find the SB Live card.  I may have been luckier
then
> you have been as I was able to move the card to a different PCI slot and
get
> it recognized by the bios again.  I had uninstalled the drivers and made
> sure that there were no references to the card in the registry.  I had 4
> slots to work with and i believe that I had read a message that the SB
live
> likes to be near the first slot if it can be.  It is now working in the
> first PCI slot as I have an AGP video card.  It shares the IRQ with the
> video card.  If moving the card to different PCI slots does not get it
> recognized by the Bios then I would try to return it to the manufacturer
if
> it is still under warranty.  Good Luck

    I have a STB Velocity 4400 pci in the first slot, and the SB Live! in
the second slot currently, tho it has occupied other slots. Is there any
reason why I shouldn't move the video card to the second slot and put the
sound card in the first? I may try that, but if there's a performance hit
possibility, it's NOT worth getting this sound card to work...

-Peter Ramins

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org