From:
Peetie Wheatstraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:09:04 -0600
Re: HP Laserjet III paper drive problem

Greetings,

I have an old Laserjet III that has been thru all the wars
and most of the police actions ...

About 1/3 of the time I attempt to print, it prints OK.

About 2/3 of the time I attempt to print, I get a
horrible sounding clackety-clack noise for several
seconds and then a paper-jam error. It sounds like
one of the many plastic gears in the paper drive is
failing to engage properly.

I suspected the in-feed roller drive (replaced not too
long ago) and examined it carefully. Moreover, I've
jammed the safety switches for lid, etc, and tried
to watch the gears as the machine attempts to print.
No visable stripped gears, no obvious problem.

If anyone has an idea what the problem might be and/or
perhaps how to trouble-shoot it (short of just replacing
major components), I'd very much appreciate any/all hints.

  Thanks,
  Peetie

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml