From:
David Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 06:25:07 -0500
Sorry my other posting was too brief...here's more:

The name on the fornt of the desktop reads "IBM" then below that "
433DX33".

No cards have been added yet. All ports (kbd, mouse, 2 ser, 1 lpt, 1 VGA)
are on the mother board. It has one 3.5 FD and a 270 M HD. It has 5
expansion slots.

Internally the drives appear to be non-IDE (the ribbon cables are
different) maybe an SCSI ? So, since my cd drive is an ide i decided to
install a sound card with an IDE connection. I removed a working card
(Soundblaster 16) from another 486 which i had previously installed. After
the installation and trying to load the software I get an error message
saying no card was there.

Your help will be appreciated.Thanks...David