Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 09:37:10 -0500
Hello John,

I just went through that on a system, other than they said it happened when
the power was off, they thought.  Did you take a good look at the
motherboard?  I did but didn't see the blown capacitors at first as they
were too obvious.  I was looking for burnt tracers and such.  There were
three burnt caps around the CPU.  I say burnt, actually the ends on them
were cracked.  Whatever hit them hit em hard.  The power supply was burnt
like you mentioned.

Just a simple thought.  Good Luck

David A. Abbe