From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:37:00 -0800
A TSR means a program that "terminates and stays resident" in memory.  They
are somewhat undesirable since they do take up your system memory/resources.
Copying the "win.ini" would not delete the file that's missing from the
computer generating the error message.  You'd have to find the missing file
and delete it from the computer that you want to emulate the one generating
the error message.  Either that or you can do it the easy way by editing the
win.ini by placing a semicolon or the word "rem" (without the quotes) in
front of the text line that loads the program.