From:
Michelle Thuma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:00:48 -0500
Hi,

 I have a Western Digital 10 Gb hard drive with a problem. The problem is,
it tells me it has no partitions, but I can't create any partitions because
it says there is no space to do so. I have looked at it with fdisk and
aefdisk, and both tell me the same thing. It is a relatively new drive that
was working just fine until I tried to install it into an older Compaq PC.
That detected it as an 8.5 Gb drive, and did something strange to it,
leaving me with this problem. Is there some utility out there that I can use
to get it to free up the space it seems to be hiding from me? I am no hard
drive expert, so any advice is appreciated.

thanks!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html