From:
Shakeel Ruttee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:18:45 +0400
At 09:29 AM 3/23/99 +0100, you wrote:
>(sorry for my poor english)
>If you can play video (AVI, MPEG1 formats) on your PC, for the best
>preformance and quality you have to change to a graphics card that supports
>optimized video playback in its chip. Don't know the exact name of this
>feature, but the one chip that supports it is the ATI Rage Pro. I have been
>surprised when I'd seen quality of the fullscreen playback on my P133, 32MB
>RAM. Playback is continuous and picture has no squares.

Hi there.

I have a TV Tuner card (Pixel View) which incorporates Graphics and Mpeg
capabilities.
I was asked to remove my previous graphic card to install that one. The previous
one was an STrio+ 64 PCI card. Now, when the VCD movie is in full action, it
desplays with
little squares on the screen...and it looks like kinda, slow. It is quite
annoying. But when
the picture is focused on someone, it displays nicely. I am playing it on
600*800 resolution.
I have a Pentium 200 MMX with 128 SD Ram. I forgot to mention that I am
playing it from
a DVD drive that connects to the DX r2 card and the latter is linked to the
TV Tuner Card
(Pixel View). My monitors connects from the Pixel View card. The Pixel View
card is fitted
with 4 MD video ram.

I would appreciate if someone could help me through this.
Shakeel Ruttee.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html