From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:31:58 -0800
Without knowing the details of why the power supply was replaced, I'll
just mention that I recently replaced a Power Supply that went bad. When
the PS  gave up the ghost, it must have put out a power surge. I ended
up reloading the OS, replacing the motherboard, replacing the keyboard,
and replacing the mouse. Some possible bad news is that your motherboard
could be damaged or your printer could be damaged or both. If you have
some other USB devices (camera, flash drive, etc.), try them out with
the computer. If they also don't work, it is likely the motherboard is
damaged.

Good luck.

Tom Mayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: