From:
4 computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 21:07:13 -0400
Does anyone know whether it is still possible to get a mobo without a fritz chip?

Mobos that have a fritz chip keep a small amount of current running through your PC all the time, even when it is turned off.  You can no longer turn it off and leave it plugged in to properly ground it while you work on it.  Also, of course it uses electricity all the time and the fritz chip is transmitting (like a beacon, as I understand it), to enable the PC to be turned on remotely by someone else.

I use XP SP2 and will never go further than this with Windows, so I'd like a new mobo that does NOT contain a fritz chip.  Do any of you guys know if such is available and how you can tell from the specs if it has a fritz chip or not??

Thank you for any knowledge you can share about this.

AnnaSummers

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com