From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 17:50:46 -0700
Rick --

When the client first gave me this computer to work on, and I saw that it had
the A and D drive letters, I pulled his hard drive, put in a blank one I keep
around here for this kind of thing, and put a clean install of Win95B on it.
With absolutely no drivers loaded, the OR Technology brand LS-120 automatically
showed up as both an A and D drive in My Computer and in Windows Explorer. I
reformatted the hard drive, and put Win98 on it.  Same thing.

Apparently the client had called OR Technology at one point, and they apparently
worked with him to try to make the A drive letter go away.  They weren't able to
do so, and I wasn't able to get them to answer their phone.  I have no clue why
this drive is doing this, or the long term effects of it.

Anyone else out there have an OR Technology LS-120 drive?

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]