From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:08:06 -0400
I suspect that these Athlon XP mobiles, both the 35 watt and the 45 watt,
are more alike than different.  The wattage difference is because one uses a
1.35 core voltage and the other uses a 1.45 core voltage.  (The regular
Athlon XP uses a 1.65 core voltage, for comparison.)  Although these 35 watt
and 45 watt versions overlap with the Athlon XP 2400 mobile, you'll notice
that the lower voltage models go down to an Athlon 2200 Mobile and the
higher voltage models go up to an Athlon 2600 Mobile.  Although I haven't
tried it, I wouldn't be surprised if I could take my Athlon XP 2600 Mobile
(a 45 watt model), lower the voltage to 1.35 volts, and run it at 1.8GHz.
The general rule still holds, lower voltage means slower clock speeds and
higher clock speeds require higher voltage.

John Sproule

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL