From:
John Cazan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:36:42 -0500
Hi,
I am trying to use a hard drive that has been formatted in a second computer ( as a secondary storage drive ) as a boot drive in a computer that originally had XP Pro installed. An Abit motherboard with PIII 800 with 192 Mg Ram, a floppy and CD ROM.
HISTORY:
The fan on the CPU failed and the computer would not stay running. I replaced the fan and still had problems getting it to run or see the boot drive. I've decided to start clean with the other drive. When the computer boots and searches for IDE drives it displays it and the CD rom by name (WDC etc), then "Primary hard disk fail". Usng a single Windows9x boot disk I try to FDISK and create a primary partition and get the message that there is no fixed disk present. The Bios auto detect does not show any master drive.
I need help on how to accomplish
this, if possible.
Thanks,
John