From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:21:37 -0600
My supplier has said that if you change the heatsink and fan together that
Socket 5, Socket 7, Socket 370 and Socket A all use the same size.  You can
upgrade because it adds cooling capacity.   You can't go backward though
because a "socket 5" doesn't provide enough cooling for a faster CPU.

HTH,
Ron Jobe