From:
Dianna Y Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:35:13 -0500
Hi.  I am fairly a novice at computers; but had lots of help with building mine.

My computer is XP Pro upgraded from 98 windows.  Sometimes while I am using it....the video suddenly gives out, along with the A drive, and 2 cd roms, and a usb port.  The fan still runs, the light is on the motherboard, and it feels like the hard drive may still be running.  When I try rebooting the computer, sometimes there is one beep and sometimes no beeps.  The lights, sometime show they are working on the CD roms, but then suddenly go out and quit. Either way, the video and A, and D and E Rom drives do not come back, but the fan, motherboard and hard drive are running.

The computer doesn't start working properly again until 2 to 4 days later when it boots up and is normal again......until it gives out in a day, or 2 or 3 or more all over again.
I've asked several people if they know what I should replace or test, but have gotten so many different replies including to make sure the monitor and computer are set to never turn off.  They are set to never turn off.  The monitor is good, because I've hooked other monitors up to the computer when it won't come back and they do the same thing...no video until I get the computer back several days later.

I don't know if this is memory problems, motherboard problems, overheating problems, Do you know anything this might be?
I would appreciate any feedback.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>