From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:59:10 -0700
Jim,

There is a 99% chance that the RAM module needs to be a DIMM (168 pin).

Some information we need to know is:  What kind of DIMM is the 32MB you have
in there now?  Is it SDRAM, PC66, PC100 (if you provide the numbers off the
chip and the make of the RAM someone might be able to determine that
information for you)?  How much total RAM do you want in the system?  64MB,
96MB, 128MB, etc.  What kind of motherboard (part number, manufacturer,
etc.)?

The are a few reasons we need these questions answered.  If the motherboard
can take PC100, that would be the best way to go.  Depending on the total
amount of RAM you want in the system, you may be better off buying one new
module and pulling the old one to sell, put in your museum, or whatever.
Unmatched RAM modules have a tendancy to cause difficulties on occasion, and
finding another exact match to the one you have would be near impossible.

Get us some answers to these questions and we will be in a much better
position to answer your original question.

Kyle