From:
"Darren K. Page" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 18:48:51 -0400
If you are booting with a win95/98 boot disk, press F5 (or maybe shift-F5)
when you see "Starting Windows..." .
This should disable all startup files as well as any memory managers.
I have seen this work well many times.
You cannot have any memory managers running when you flash the BIOS.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren K. Page
Montreal, Qc

-
It sounds like you are still loading something that is taking up
conventional memory.  It doesn't matter that you have 384 MB of memory.  It
matters that you are using too much in the first 640 K of memory. When you
get to a dos prompt type "mem" and let us know what you see.   Have you
tried booting to safe mode command prompt only?  That works on my Abit
boards.

Ben Moore

Hello Everyone,

 1st of all I want to thank everyone that responded when I asked for help
concerning getting the program to disable the P-III serial # ID a few weeks
ago.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org