From:
Louise Gainor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:25:52 -0400
Check with the laptop manufacturers site for a the manual.  The manuals
usually have a section with an illustrated parts breakdown.  That's what I
used to take apart our IBM ThinkPad when I needed to change out the DC to DC
Converter.  For some laptops you will also need to get a #6 torques bit
screwdriver.  When you take it apart, set each part next to the last one you
took out so they are in a row down your bench, so when you put it back
together you put the pieces back in in the order that you removed them.
Getting some screw bags and taping them to the part they came out of is
useful, too (sometimes the screws are different sizes or lengths and the
have to go in the same spot they came out of).

Take your time and pay close attention to the ribbon cables and such so you
know where to hook them back up.  Good luck.