Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:35:22 -0600
I am trying to network a new P4 system I just built with an HP Pavilion
6640c that is a couple of years old.  I am getting DSL in a few days, and I
would like to share the internet connection.  Both are running Win 98SE.  I
am using three PCI ethernet cards, two on the host computer and one on the
secondary computer, with a crossover cable connecting the two computers.

I've got the PCI cards and drivers installed,crossover cable connected,  and
I have enabled ICS on the host computer.  I would like to begin sharing
files and printer before I get the DSL, and then share the DSL connection
when it is installed.  When I go to Network Neighborhood, I get an "unable
to browse the network" error.  Am I missing a step?   How do I enable the
network?

Thanks,
Debbie Alspaugh

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: