Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2010 19:14:47 -0700
It's likely to be replaceable, but the cost might be prohibitive. Even
if it is, you'd have a 6 year old laptop with 6 year old parts and a big
technology gap.
Laptop prices have come way down, and you might find something
affordable that makes more sense than repairing the present one.

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sunday, 3 October, 2010, 1:35

Typically, this would indicate a failing power supply. It can't hurt to
clean the vents thoroughly and maybe do a memory check, but there's
every chance it's time to replace this beast.