From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:41:20 -0800
  If these are BIOS screens, there's no OS present -- not even DOS.

  The BIOS code includes the ability to send text, and I believe also CGA
graphics mode, screens toa printer on LPT1: that emulates the Epson dot-
matrix models of 20 years ago.  I'm not sure how many modern printers
qualify.

David Gillett

On 25 Feb 2003, at 6:12, Byron Wolter wrote:

> Print screen should work in DOS. The alternative is to press Ctrl+P.
> Byron wolter
>
> I'm wondering how you managed to do a 'Print Screen' in DOS.  As far as I'm
> aware this function is part of Windows, and isn't available in DOS.
>
> An alternative to writing down every BIOS setting is to photograph each
> screen with a digital camera.
>
> Ian Porter
>
> Print the BIOS screens ALL OF THEM!!! assumming that you have a printer
> using a normal printer cable. Just press print screen otherwise you will
> have to write  EVERYTHING down, and after you have secured this information
> load BIOS defaults finish installing and then change the settings to the way
> they were before.  I  had this problem myself .  If you can find it you
> might just have to disable the L2 cache and after installing Win 98
> reinableing it.  This would naturaly be a lot easyer.  good luck
>
> Paul Ryan
> Germany
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,