From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:23:53 -0400
After 6 months, it is still clicking along with no problems :-)

You might want to see if the connection to the DSL is straight to a single
PC.  Perhaps a software firewall with logging could tell you if you are
connecting and disconnecting to the  DSL which would indicate an ISP
problem.  I've had my cable system go intermittently bad when there was a
loose coax connector near my home.  Maybe something similar can happen to
DSL????

Doug

At 6/30/2002 12:34 AM, joseph marty wrote:

>I replaced the ethernet cables with brand new ones, and they continue to
>log off and on. In addition to new cables, the SMC is new, replaced under
>warranty.  The new SMC and new cables made no change. In your case, what
>happened after 6 months?
> >
> >>In relation to my two machines logging on and off so that my network
> >>rarely functions, here is the log kept by the SMC router/switchbox over
> >>this past week.
> >
> >My network did the same thing with similar router log entries.   I
> >discovered after many weeks of troubleshooting and switching hardware and
> >routers, that I had a very intermittent connection from the router to one
> >of my machines.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml