From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:31:27 -0400
Depending on the computer setup and your hard drives, either change the
jumpers on the drives so one is master (new drive) and the other is slave
(old drive) or with jumpers in CS (cable select position) and the proper
cable, plug the new drive into 'primary master' cable connection and the old
drive into 'primary slave' or 'secondary slave' cable connection.  Usually
this type of cable will have a hole punched thru one conductor near the
slave connector.

Dennis Saputelli wrote:

> Hi
> This is my first message.
>
> I recently installed a new hard drive and cloned the old one using
> Ghost.
> It did not go smoothly at all, but that is another story if anyone wants
> it.
>
> my OS is WIN2K SP2
>
> The clone job is now done and the new drive seems to be running fine and
> is in fact a clone of the orignal.
>
> Ghost warns strongly (and so did pay support) against booting with both
> old and new bootable drives connected.
>
> They claim this can damage one or both drives due to a race condition.
>
> So the question is ...
>
> How do i make the old drive NOT bootable without destroying the contents
> and/or reformatting it?
>
> I want to use it as a second drive and it would be great if i could also
> restore bootablility.
>
> It seems to me that there is way i used to do this back in DOS days.
>
> Does this relate to making the drive active/inactive ?
>
> thanks for any info
>
> Den

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml