From:
Conor McNessa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:37:07 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>

>Did you try running those executables? [modem drivers]

Yes. Clicking on the mdmacc executable brings up a DOS screen, which asks if
you want to overwrite an already existing mdmacc.inf. Then the DOS program
terminates.

>Do text files have any instructions on installing the drivers?

No! They seem to be some kind of script - a sample:

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=Modem
Provider=%Mfg%

[ControlFlags]
ExcludeFromSelect=SERENUM\HAYF00

0

>The generic procedure when working with an unknown device is choose
>"have disk..." when Win wants driver location and switch to the
>directory where drivers are. Did you try that?

I tried it, and I tried every version of it that I could think of, including
copying the files onto a floppy and putting them in a folder on the floppy
called Win95! Nothing has worked.

It seems to me that the .inf files are the actual drivers, but how to get
them to work is beyond my knowledge.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org