From:
Donna Doty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:36:40 -0700
I know about the prices, I have been around long enough to know people who are
still paying on their 486s.  I have a Compaq Presario 2240, but I've used up all
the slots and can't go higher than 48 Megs RAM.  I use PhotoShop 5, Illustrator
8, and PageMaker 6.5, until Illustrator I didn't really have too much of a
problem.  I need to gradually upgrade, so I guess I meant to ask about a board
that would let me continue to upgrade.  I prefer AMD, I live in Albuquerque and
Intel is here, the underdog thing and price.  The FIC 2013(or was it the 2012)
seems to be the best bet so far.  I wanted to be able to cannabalize the system I
have, also.

I don't know about those microworks, by the time you pay for the monitor, CD and
floppy, I think I'd rather get another Compaq.  The "slowest" I've found new is
the 333mhz for around $600.

JMB wrote:

> Doug Simmons wrote:
> >
> > At 08:48 PM 3/17/99 , Donna Doty wrote:
> > >Wow, thanks for all the info so far.
> > <snip>
> > >I've been told to wait a few months as prices should continue to fall.
> >
> > If you wait for prices to fall you will have to wait forever it appears....
> <snip>
> > HTH
> > Doug Simmons
>
> And it gets worse!  Starting Mar 22, www.microworkz.com began taking
> orders for a US$299.99 computer with one free year of earthlink access.
> But it does not have a CDRom, Floppy or Monitor! Is it worth it?  You
> need to crunch the figures against other "bargains". Probably in two
> years they will be giving them away but the only "LCD Flat Monitors"
> will be available for $500! <g>
> --
> Jean Bourvic :>))

>                         Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>