From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 10:35:51 -0700
The best case scenario is that a protection circuit has engaged, and
will eventually return the laptop back to normal. Worst case scenario
is that he fried his BIOS, and he needs a new motherboard.

The first thing I would do is pull the plug, and battery, and let it
sit, and drain power for 24 to 48 hours before attempting another
power up. I assume it was flashed with the correct flash for this
laptop. I would also check the Sony support website for their
procedure in dealing with a failed flash attempt. This should be
found with the <how to flash> documents.I would also contact Sony
Tech support to find out what they think should be done. They may
have some unpublished way to deal with this.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>A friend flashed the BIOS on his laptop, Sony PCG-FXA53, and the
>laptop has not been able to boot since. It appears completely dead,
>even the light indicating the AC is plugged in is off, the screen
>appears to flicker when first plugged into the AC, it starts to warm
>up if you leave plugged in but nothing else.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com