From:
Donald DeWitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 23:38:43 -0400
In Need of Virus Help

I have been running AVG on my computer for several years and never had to
use it until now. After downloading some files I ran a scan and it detected
a problem and I'm not sure just what I should be doing to prevent a serious
infection here. The AVG program is informing me that I have several backdoor
Trojan Generic5 infections in my Documents and Settings and a Ms-Dos virus
in the System32\drivers and also a change in the shell32.dll file. I think
the program placed these things into a "Volt". Before I shut the computer
down is there something I should be doing with these files? When I try to
delete the files from the "Volt" I get a warning message, "Do you really
want to remove the file from the virus volt?" I'm not sure what to do here.
I ran the program a second time and it states there are no threats. What is
going to happen with the infected files? Should they be replaced?

Help,

Don DeWitt

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads