From:
Sami Garzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 23:49:54 +0200
Hi All!

My Scanner, a Vivitar ViviScan EasyColor, Installed without problems. The
light indicator is on, and when I insert a test picture, the scanner
pushes the picture in, and after a while, it spits the picture out from
the other side. (Regular behavior, I think.)

When it came to using it, I see two problems:

1)If trying to scan directly from the Scanning Desktop (Pressing Scan
Image and OK) it says to me "Scanner is not warmed up, please try again."

2)If Scanning for some program like the iPhoto, thus using the ViviScan
EasyColor interface, the status bar tell me "Warming up the scanner
......", and it takes a long time and nothing happens.

I installed the Scanner with the CD that comes with it (version
95-000-20060 revision 1.0), but now I already installed the 'vsr100.exe'
file downloaded from your web-site.

What's Happening? Somebody had the same problem? I looked in Vivitar Web
Site, but there isn't any efficient way to find information...

Here is more information that I think can help you solving the mystery:

# The scanner was brought to me from the exterior, and he had an adapter
<110V AC input, 15V DC output>. Where I live, the current is 220V. I did a
little search for an <220V AC input, 15V DC output>, but didn't find
anything. Then I bought a transformer <220V AC input, 110V AC output>, and
joined the transformer and the adapter.

# I've found that the error messages are the same even when the scanner is
turned off.

# I've found that the scanner pushes and spits the test picture even when
the computer is turned off.

# My friends are saying that it can be because the Power or the Frequency
of the adapter and the transformer are different. I think that if the
scanner worked, I can assume that the input current is OK.

I'm becoming very upset with this, because I even can't find information
in the vivitar site, please help me in solving it.

Hope that it's understandable;
Thanks;
    Sami Garzon

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>