Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:45:37 +1000
I can think three possibilities:
1) a bad power supply
2)a bad CPU (because you said Reset button wouldn't work). This is unlikely, because
you had same problem before, and it wasn't the CPU.
3) the mobo is gone bad (same reason as above), however, it could be the power supply
problem too (if it cannot provide correct votage, say if the votage is too high, or
not properly grounded).

Jun Qian

Mike McIntosh wrote:

> My PC suddenly will not boot. It worked fine for my brother earlier in the day.
> The power and drive lights come on, the fans spin up, but there is no video output
> and it never gets to the floppy drive. I unplugged it, removed the cover and
> disconnected the power to my CD drives (one a reader, the other a burner) and it
> booted. I reconnected the drives and it booted again, but after a few minutes
> in Windows, the system froze, and would not reboot when the reset button was
> pushed. It will not boot now, same symptoms as before (no video, but power).

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html