From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:33:35 -0400
Ummm.... I think there is a problem regarding voltage and clock freq, but
it occurs in the other direction.  If you overclock, then you need to
boost the core voltage.  I believe the higher voltage is needed to "clean
up" the leading edge of the clock signals,

Or in more technical terms... the elevated voltage provides an "apparent"
increase in the rise time allowing the signal's leading edge to reach the
threshold voltage within the time constraints of the increased timing
signals caused by the overclocked frequency.... whew! pant, pant....
wheeze.

Or in simpler terms.... nah, I don't think that's it.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====