Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:45:30 +1200
Might as well chuck in my 2c worth:

The basic Windows 95\98 defrag is very sloooooooow........
The WinME version definitely seems to be quicker, tho not radically so.
Norton's Speedisk is superior to those, but involves installing Norton
Utils, which is mostly junk.
Diskeeper is about on a par with Norton, but more complicated to use.

I've said this before, and before and before, and I'll say it again - if you
want not just a good defragger but an EXCELLENT defragger and an incredibly
FAST defragger, there's only one choice - Vopt from Golden Bow.
http://www.vopt.com/vopt.htm

There used to be a demo version about - a google might dig it up.

But the Vopt defragger, like the BurnQuick cd burner, is another of the very
few programs that I rate as worth paying for.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Michele" Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] defrag

> Hi, someone out there is bound to disagree with me for some reason or
other,
> but, personally, I find that Norton speed disk is very good, and I tend to
> use it rather than the windows defrag.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml