From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:44:13 -0500
Hi folks,

I have a Quantum Pro Drive LPS 400 mg hard drive that I'd like to add
as a secondary hard drive in a system with an IBM hard drive, 540 mg.
The model # on the drive is DALA-3540.  I know I need to install
both, configure jumpers and the BIOS.  Is there more?

Also, I have no manuals for either drive.  I've looked around on
Quantum's web site to see if I can find the jumper settings for a
master drive, but I couldn't find it.  And, truth be told, I really
have very little idea what's involved in setting the jumpers.

So, can someone give me an explanation of setting the jumpers, and
what the settings should be?  Thanks!

Holli

*********
Holli Van Nest