Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:08:41 +1000
> Sender:       PCBUILD - Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
> From:         Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      [PCBUILD] WIN 2K process etc.
> To:           [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi, as a relative new comer to Win 2K, I have a question regarding
> processes. Is 45 running a lot?

Depend, but general speaking, yes, it is a lot, my PC (win2k), when runs
outlook, IE, ICQ, ASUS Prob, SB Live ware, a few other bits, has total of 28
Processes (include task manager itself).

> Is there an easy way to tell what they all
> are?

Don't know, but you should get a fair idea from task manager.

> I am trying to determine what is causing a
> general slow down of my system, i.e. using shift to select a group of
mails
> in Outlook can take a long time to highlight. That is just one example. I
am
> wondering if my video card is maybe a bit long in the tooth. Real 3D agp,
> 8MB.
> Rest of the system,
> PIII 600
> 256 PC100 RAM
> 2940UW controller with
> 3-UW SCSI drives
> Plextor 40x SCSI CD-ROM
> 2906 controller with
> Plextor SCSI 12-10-32
> ZIP 100
> HP4C
> 0-IDE devices

Maybe related to too many processes, also please check memory usage.

Jun Qian