Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:30:16 +1000
Set the new harddisk as slave to your 9.1G harddisk is the best you can get. so
the slow CD drive would affect harddisk performance.

Jeffrey Ottie wrote:

> Good Afternoon Everyone,
>
> I own a one-year-old Dell Dimension desktop that came with a
> factory-installed 9.1 GB Maxtor 7,200rpm hard drive (Model #90913D4).
>
> Recently I purchased a 10 GB Maxtor 7,200rpm Diamond Max Plus High
> Performance EIDE hard drive kit (Kit #ST0151000U; Serial #K204J5JC) with the
> intention of adding a second hard drive to my system.
>
> Question No. 1:
> Which of these two hard drives is the highest performance unit?  I'd like to
> utilize the best performer as my primary master drive, assuming it's
> advisable to do so.

I bet you can't see the performance difference with those two Maxtor, anyway,
the new one should be better.

> My main reason for purchasing the second hard drive is to use it to back up
> my primary hard drive in the unlikely event the primary drive should fail or
> in the (more likely) scenario that the information stored on the primary
> drive should somehow become corrupted to the extent that a clean wipe,
> partition and format of the drive is required.

This is what I'm doing, very good idea on backup. I have my most important stuff
copied to 2nd harddisk, in case anything happened on my C: drive, I can rebuild
it without lossing data.

Jun Qian

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html